We seldom take time to be thankful for what we have. This Thanksgiving besides eating copious amounts of food and hanging out with extended family I am going to document what I am thankful for. I realize that this is not very music blog worthy but since this is my medium. I will choose to do so regardless.
- I want to thank each an every musician out there who devote their time and energy to producing music because as Friedrich Nietzsche said "Without music, life would be a mistake". We ought to buy each and every track to appreciate the art you produce but every time we listen to one of your tracks we are unknowingly thanking you.
- I am thankful that I can hear. I am not joking, I unlike most of you have only one functional ear. I am half deaf and the prospects of being entirely deaf are frightening. I hope it never ever comes to that.
- I am thankful to my friend Mr.Shah for taking me to Ultra Music Festival 2008, if it weren't for him I simply wouldn't be as exposed to the world of electronic music as I am today.
- I want to thank music concerts, Spotify, Soundcloud, Hypem, blogs, radio, T.V., internet and every other medium where I listen to music. Can you imagine living in our parents era where their only source of music was the radio and if you didn't like what you heard. Well, then you were out of luck.
- I want to thank Vanessa for co-blogging on BOP.com and introducing me to some fantastic music. Without you this blog would be 50% shittier :)
- ...and finally thank you to you guys for reading this blog.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving and while you eating your Thanksgiving meal (Ramen noodles or 7-course Turkey meal) blast this set.
p.s. for the record this is the first ever set I'm ever posting.